Wednesday 13 July 2011

THE BOY WHO LIVED, LIVES ON

Life for me, without harry potter would be incomplete.
It may seem strange to some people when i say the books have been my faithful companions and a source of comfort for me, for the last 8 yrs of my life.
In the beginning it was probably just like any other book i was reading..but they soon grew to become books that i never got bored of reading, time and again..and adore reading it each time. the hogwart's world became my favourite world, and whenever i grew tired of the one i lived in, it would always welcome me in..when i was sick, or fighting with my mom, or just upset with the world, all i ever wanted to do was sit in a corner with a harry potter in my hand..and it would transfer me to a whole new place, a place i loved to be in, a place i felt happy, elated and comfortable in (ironically!), more than anything!
A world where there were brave, kind and wonderful characters..people who showed such incredible loyalty and courage..things that we can only hope to see in the real world, i guess.
The depth of each and every character that j.k created has always amazed me! So much so that, now that the series has ended, i feel like i know harry, hermione and ron in reality!
That's how close you get to the books and characters once you've read hp..it becomes part of your life, and nothing or no one can take that from you.
So let's not cry over the series ending, with the last movie realeasing tomorrow.. yes, there won't be any more of the frantically counting days for the movies or books to release and the crazy eager anticipation for the next one..but harry potter series will never really end within us.
Whenever we want to be at hogwarts or sit for a dark arts class rather than a chemistry lecture in school or college, all we have to do is open our book and enter!
The amount of people the series has reached out to is unbelievable..from kids to teenagers or adults alike have such a strong attachment to the books and the movies!
i think it is one series in which the movies have always lived up to the expectations of the books!
The series may be ending tomorrow..but one thing's for sure -- harry potter will never stop amazing me, and will never cease to be part of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment