Saturday 13 July 2013

Sea shores.

So it’s been a while since I wrote. The last few months have been very strange. I’ve been so anxious, frantic and confused most days, that I couldn’t figure when I was PMSing and when I wasn’t.  Oh well, I guess everyone has phases. But I really can’t be blamed, after all the pressure I was under. 8 months ago I was pining for a fresh start and now I finally had the chance to get it. And I did. I wanted something different. Or did I? See what I meant when I said I’ve been confused. Confusion is just part of the journey they say. And if they don’t, then I say it is. Yes, it definitely is.
Well that was 8 months ago. 1 month ago, I wasn’t so sure. I didn’t know which way to go. Every single day had been like a blurred photograph, but a blurred photograph that I was desperately hanging on to and refused to delete. But then, life goes on. The blurred photo should be kept away if not deleted and new and exciting photographs that are in focus can be taken and kept. I’m going to keep both, the blurred ones and the ones in focus, because both matter and are a part of my memories. And all memories are part of your past, and your past makes you who you are today doesn’t it? I don’t know if my metaphors are working; but what I’m trying to say is that everyone matters, however long they’ve been part of your life. Memories aren’t just memories. They’re part of you, they’re etched in you. Every day is probably like a page turning in a book.

I guess life works that way. People come and people go. Some leave an impression and some don’t. A few years ago, a school teacher, my favourite English teacher rather had praised an essay I had written and then afterwards she asked me if I was a sensitive person. The question really baffled me then. I had no answer. I didn’t know if I was sensitive or not! But now, I think I am. Whether I should be happy about that or not is a different thing. I hate that people leave. I wish that wouldn’t happen. It’s just like the sea shore. The waves come like people, wash the shore and go back, where they belong, in a sea of millions of people. They come, touch you, move you, leave an impression and go away. Most of the time. There will always be the few adamant waves that will stay. Anyway, the good thing is that memories can always be relived, right? The present is what really matters. So i'll just live in the present. Life is what you make it and so, i'll make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment