Monday 26 December 2011

And the fast continues, leaving me more baffled than ever!

A few months ago, when this man called anna hazare started going on fasts, I thought it was a really cool thing. Someone at last, in this ignorant country wanted to do something meaningful, something good for the peoples’ benefit and for once, not their own! But I guess it takes some time to formulate opinions, to look beyond what’s in front of you. When you look deeper into the issue of corruption that he’s addressing, the problems that come along with it would seem too complicated to solve by fasting or a mere bill! How on earth can a bill solve the problems that have risen in the world over so many years! I may be considered a lay person and I definitely fail to understand the present economic crisis very clearly and i doubt everyone going on those protests do. The magnitude of the problem is monumental! They say that it’s only the rich politicians who are the corrupt ones, and yes I most definitely agree with that; however corruption is also ever-present amongst the poor, isn’t it? Everyone in this country is trying to earn a living and survive, and maybe the only plausible solution they see at times, is using corrupt means! So, if the bill does get eventually get passed, we put them behind bars? At that rate half the population would be in jail! i fail to understand how in any possibly way, this bill will help us, and eventually solve the economic crisis! The rich will keep getting richer and due to their increasing greed will not stop being corrupt; the poor will keep getting poorer and will be compelled to give in to using corrupt means in order to survive. the problem remains unsolved. However, i do admire Mr hazare for trying to make a difference! I’ve managed to confuse myself more than before I think! It leaves me utterly baffled!

No comments:

Post a Comment