Thursday 22 December 2011

Learning to never lose hope



Just a few days ago while surfing, I saw this picture with the quote. It made me reflect upon a few things I witness every day.
We all live our separate lives, and in its course become different people. Some of us are ambitious, while some of us just aren’t and are happy living a quiet, peaceful family life. But there is always a want of more from life, isn’t there? When are we truly and completely satisfied? Even after we have what we’re looking for we still want more! It’s in our human nature I guess…and the word’s called greed. And it somehow seems to me that our own greed for more will eventually destroy us all, however ridiculous it may sound. The balance in the world is no more there…I look around me every day and I see so many different kinds of people. Some who live on top of the world and have everything they ever want or need; some who have what they need, but wish they had more and keep working towards being on the top; and some people who only just want a roof over their heads, clothes to wear, and food. And still the people dripping with money turn a deaf ear and a blind eye to the earnest pleas of the poor. It makes me sick. I see slums, and of course right behind the slums I see the tallest of skyscrapers. But I don’t see a plausible solution and there’s nothing I can possibly do about it at present so I should probably stop being a hypocrite.
There are so many people out there today, like the bird in the picture, maybe without a hand or a leg, or with no money and no family in the world, but yet they survive, they continue their journey of life, they deal with what’s in store for them, adapt and move on, always continuing to hope for a life better than their present one. It gives me inspiration and teaches me to hope, that someday this world might be a better place. Most of all it inspires me to always work harder and strive for a better tomorrow so that I can help the people who need it. Basically – make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment